Caprese Salad with Sweet King Tomatoes
- 3 Sweet King Tomatoes
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- To make the dressing, stir the balsamic vinegar and honey together in a saucepan over high heat. After it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Set it aside to cool.
- Arrange the slices of Sweet King tomato and slices of mozzarella cheese on a serving dish. Make sure to alternate between cheese and tomato.
- Add in some fresh basil leaves ( on top or in between)
- Once arranged in the perfect pattern, sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle over with the balsamic sauce and some olive oil.