Jack-O-Lantern Ground Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
Make Halloween healthy with these yummy stuffed bell peppers. Opt for ground turkey instead of ground beef to keep it light!
- 4 Veg-Fresh Farms bell peppers
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced small)
- 8 oz of mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 cups pasta sauce (your choice)
- Seasonings for ground turkey – garlic powder, pepper, tomato basil garlic blend
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the top off each bell pepper – horizontally. Set the top aside as you will need it later. Remove all the seeds from the inside of the bell pepper.
- Using a small knife, cut hole onto the exterior of the bell peppers to make the jack-o-lantern faces.
- In a small sheet pan, lightly add olive oil and place the peppers (a long with the top) on the pan and place in oven for about 20 -25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, adding the onion and mushrooms. Sauteé for about 4 min until the mushrooms have softened.
- Add in the ground turkey, along with all the seasonings, and cook until no pink remains.
- Reduce the heat to medium low – add in the cooked brown rice and pasta sauce. Stir to combine for another 2 minutes.
- Fill each bell pepper with the mixture and place the top onto the stuffed bell pepper. Ready to serve!