3 large Good-Life Organic brown onions - diced
Herbs: 2 sprigs parsley, 3 bay leaves, 2 sprigs rosemary - tied together
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Heat olive oil in pot over medium high, then add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add fresh herbs to the pot – stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar to pot – do not stir – and watch the sugar melt.
- Increase heat to high and watch as an amber caramel forms (about 5-10 min) DO NOT STIR!
- Change heat to low, add the white balsamic vinegar and stir slowly until the contents in pot are thick.
- Discard the herbs; add salt to taste and cool
- Serve at room temp with a charcuterie plate or add to sandwiches like roast beef for a delicious savory element.