PINEAPPLE UPSIDE MINI CAKES
- 1 Veg-Fresh pineapple, sliced and diced
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Brown sugar
- Follow the instructions on the yellow cake box and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over low heat – make sure not to burn it. Sprinkle brown sugar into each cup and then add a small amount of butter into each so that the sugar is soft and thick. Pat each cup so the mixture lines the bottom of each section.
- Place the diced pineapple in a circle over the butter/sugar mixture. Place a blueberry, raspberry, grape, or cherry in the center of each cup.
- Pour the cake mix into each cup, fill a little over half way up. Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until they rise and cook through the middle.
- Slice off the top of each cake (so that they are flat) and loosen the edges with a knife. Let the cakes cool for 5 minutes before the next step. Finally, take a baking sheet and hold it over the muffin pan, then flip the pan over so the cakes come out flat onto the baking sheet.