1 Veg-Fresh Farms Pineapple (will need to cut and freeze)
1 can of coconut milk (make sure to shake before pouring)
1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup of sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons of nonfat dry milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
OPTIONAL: 2 tablespoons of rum
- Cut the very ripe Veg-Fresh Farms pineapple into cubes. On a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, spread out the pineapple cubes and freeze for 40 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together 1 cup of coconut milk, 1/2 cup of sugar and the 2 tablespoons of nonfat dry milk. Continue to stir frequently as it simmers.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the 2 egg yolks. Once whisked, pour in about a cup of the hot mixture to the bowl with the egg yolks and whisk until completely combined.
- Pour that mixture back to the saucepan on the stove and stir occasionally until it thickens.
- Remove the pan from the stove to let cool and add a little vanilla extract and the rest of the coconut milk. Pour all this into a food processor.
- Add the frozen pineapple chunks into the food processor and process until smooth. (If you are adding the rum, do so now.)
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and place it in the freezer, uncovered. You will need to stir it every hour until it reaches the consistency you prefer (after 4 hours)
- Garnish with toasted coconut flakes and serve on grilled pineapple slices.